[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: 1st Reading Question on CAP tax or Occupation tax increase

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Jul 22 14:51:13 MDT 2011

Sender: Wilson, Ken

I would like to know the impact of the increase in CAP tax or Occupation tax on typical users.  We do this kind of analysis for water rate increases.  For a typical residential customer, what would be the montly increase in their bill for the CAP tax increase vs the Occupation tax?  What would be the impact of the CAP tax increase vs the Occupation tax increase for a small commercial, medium commercial and large commercial business.  And what would be the increases for industrial users.  If the kWh per month is specified for each that would be helpful.

I think this would be helpful in our discussion as to which tax to use.

Ken Wilson