[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: How to pay zero stranded costs with municipilization

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Dec 13 11:18:30 MST 2011

Sender: Wilson, Ken

FERC just made a ruling that the City of South Daytona, FL, will not be required to pay Florida Power and Light (FPL) stranded costs if South Daytona purchases wholesale power from FPL when it acquires the distribution grid.  With this ruling, Boulder could realize the business case assumption in our municipilization effort of zero stranded costs if we elect to continue purchasing power from Xcel.  Of course, if we do that, what's the point of municipalizing at all since our goal is to have more renewable energy than Xcel will supply?

Here is the article in Electric Energy Online.com

http://www.electricenergyonline.com/?page=show_news&ID=162321

Ken Wilson