[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: FW: Lt. Gov. O'Brien Announces Grants for Colorado Kids Outdoors Program

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Dec 27 07:25:35 MST 2010

Sender: Brautigam, Jane

Hi, Crystal.  Yes, we have joined "Let's Move" - Mayor Osborne is a contact and Summer Kennedy is our staff contact.  Summer has talked with BVSD about the program and how we can partner.

One of the initiatives in the program is about healthy foods and BVSD revamped their guidelines for vending machines last year.  Parks and Rec used those guidelines when renewing the vending machine contract in the rec centers, so we're already well down that path.

Both P & R and HHS are involved in the program and have several ideas on other initiatives in the program and will be working on them.

Our plan is to get going and then provide information to Council in an Information Item in January or February.

I hope this is helpful.
Jane