[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Tech techs program

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Dec 21 10:43:43 MST 2010

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

Colleagues -- Attached is a report on residential energy efficiency programs in the U.S. that I happened to stumble upon.  Nothing terribly unexpected -- except perhaps that Boulder isn't mentioned.  And that really isn't unexpected, given that our innovative two-techs energy-concierge program still hasn't begun, even though we've been talking about it for well over a year and agreed, I believe, to allocate funding and staff almost a year ago. While I understand that a fair amount of start-up work is/was necessary, and that coordinating with the county can be a good (if usually rather time/money/staff-consuming) thing, I'm rather disappointed at the huge delays given the excitement and momentum we had early this year for this program.  Surely at least some sort of pilot program could have begun by now?  I'd appreciate an update on this program, although I'd note that previous updates have offered timelines that have long since passed.
--Matt