[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: LA Municipal Utility Struggles to meet renewable goals

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Dec 7 14:20:41 MST 2010

Sender: Wilson, Ken

A recent article in the LA Times discusses the struggle LA's municipal utility is having  in trying to meet very aggressive renewable energy goals.  The LA municipal utility is by far the largest municipal power utility in the country.  The Mayor made a campaign promise of 40% renewables by 2020.  It appears that this number will be scaled down and several large project proposals have created turmoil within the city as to which direction it should go.  Rather than having me editorialize on the article, I suggest those interested take a minute and read about this intersting and complex situation.

Ken Wilson
Deputy Mayor

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-dwp-dysfunction-20101206,0,5220103,full.story